- from GymnasticBodies.com
1) Begin from the top position of a hanging leg lift. Obviously if you cannot perform hanging leg lifts, you are not yet strong enough to work windshield wipers.
2) Keeping the knees straight, lower the legs to the side until they reach horizontal. Strive to not allow the legs to rotate forward during the descent. The goal here is to keep the top of the knees pointing to the stall bars at all times.
4) Pause briefly, return to the top position and then descend down to the other side. Returning to the top once more, after having completed a descent and ascent on both sides, counts as a single rep.
5) Keep the arms straight throughout the entire ROM.
6) Active flexibility is also key here as you will be striving to maintain a deep pike position; even when the legs are lowered to the side.
Perform three sets of five reps.